Latest message you have seen: Fw: Re: Andy's UPS - EM Interference ? Should I move things ?

Re: electrisave.co.uk

LeeUKHA wrote:
>> A full secondary meter with a pulsed output only costs around
£40+VAT  -
>> and fitting is fairly quick.  Alternatively there are some DIN
modules
>> (single width) meters that also have a pulsed output at £37+VAT  -
these
>> take up to 25A .  Not worth trying to translate optical or disk
>> rotational pulses with things like these...
>>

> Kevin,
>
> I've found the meter that I want, it's the cost of fitting it I'm
> interested in.
> I don't know if £30 is reasonable or if £300 is reasonable?
>
> Lee

In my setup it would have taken about 45 mins I guess to install a
secondary meter (yours may be very different of course)  - and rates are
about £30 ish per hour plus whatever callout might be involved.
Sparkies don't like 1 hour jobs though, give a part P certified
electrician a call and ask for a quote - and perhaps suggest he fits it
in should he find he has a spare hour at the end of a day.    The only
parts required are the pigtail extensions, which would remove the
obligatory hour lost/charged whilst a visit is made to the local
distributor for bits ;-).     If you go the DIN mounting route (and
provided there is space in your consumer unit) then it should take less
time - you may need to replace a ring mains fuse to below 25A.

Kevin