Latest message you have seen: RE: {Disarmed} RE: Re: Philips Living Colors LED lights - automation?

Re: electrisave.co.uk

LeeUKHA wrote:
>>> What a novel device this is. What a shame it can't be modded
so that
>>> the information can be displayed on a PC.....or can it?
>>>
>> If you fancy buying one and sending it over to me, I'll take a
look :)
>> Unless they have encrypted the data on the radio, it should be
possible
>> to add a second receiver to the PC via USB/or serial
>>

> I make take you up on that offer, subject to below...
>

>>> If not does anyone know of a similar device which is web
based? The
>>> chap (Pieter) from bwired.nl has an electricity meter with a
blinking
>>> LED which he has attached a sensor. My meter is the old
fashioned type.

>> I have seen a reflective opto device that detects the black mark
on the
>> old rotating disc meters. Similar sort of idea to the blinking
LED.

> Where? I'm interested!
>
> As a separate issue (as I know we have some electricians on the list),
> how much roughly should/would it cost to have a second meter (with a
> blinking led fitted (if I supply the meter) ?

A full secondary meter with a pulsed output only costs around £40+VAT  -
and fitting is fairly quick.  Alternatively there are some DIN modules
(single width) meters that also have a pulsed output at £37+VAT  - these
take up to 25A .  Not worth trying to translate optical or disk
rotational pulses with things like these...