Latest message you have seen: Re: Photos of Home Automation

Re: Re: Conservatory planning

What do you mean by permanent heating in a conservatory requiring approval?
My understanding that you can put any heating you like in a
conservatory as long as it has seperate control from the main house
heating?

On 11/01/06, David Chapman <david@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > square metre is the give away - those around 75w/sq metre are
really for
> > comfort use. 120w/sq.m upwards and you are getting upto the
levels needed
> > for room heating.
>
> Not the case for a new house - or an old house with good insulation.
I'm
> just finishing a renovation and it's been insulated well but
construction is
> bog standard 75mm cavity brick and block walls (although have had
insulation
> pumped in).
>
> The water based underfloor heating system is designed around an output
of
> 75w/sq.m (pipes under chipboard - not screed) and that is proving more
than
> adequate to keep us warm.  (20+ inside, freezing outside)
>
> By the way - if you put any form of permanent heating in a
conservatory it
> will need building regs approval - if it's not heated and seperated
from the
> house by a door then normally it doesn't need approval but check all
this
> carefully -  definitely don't "wing" it or it will likely
come back and bite