Re: OT : XDA Exec deal ? - Supplementary

Normally the rules for the airlines I have travelled on, is for
switching off of all devices during takeoff and landing whilst the seat
belt sign is on. During the flight, I continue to use them even if the
sign is on for when you hit turbulence and never been challenged.

It is a bit silly really as things like Ipods and PC's should not
interfere with the aircraft systems otherwise their designs are crap!!
For the likes of CE testing, your equipment is subjected to outside
interference to see if it reacts and I can only think that aircraft
systems are much higher as a good few years ago I did a temperature
logger for a helicopter and it had to pass some severe tests for radio
interference. The power output from the aircrafts own radio transmitter
is higher than a handphone!! Go figure!

Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---
http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
http://www.v8carlton.com
---

Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) wrote:
> I don't have one currently, but am very tempted by the offer Gareth
> posted :-))
>
> I travelled a bit to the US last year - mostly on Virgin - and their
> inflight announcements about switching off electronic devices included
> "even those devices equipped with a flight-safe mode" or
something like