[OT] Video DVD Editing

  • Subject: [OT] Video DVD Editing
  • From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:59:15 -0000

After years of using Pinnacle Studio Plus for transferring our home movies
and videos to PC and DVD (upgrading to each new version as it came along)
I've finally got to the end of my tether with the latest version.  It's
just
too slow and buggy and I'm looking to move away.  But to what?  I've been
looking at Sony's Vegas and Adobe's Premiere Elements.  Both look
attractive
on paper and have had good reviews.  PE sounds as if it would be the
steeper
learning curve tho'.

Anyone use either of these and can comment on the performance of them.  I'm
using an Intel P4 2.4GHz with 2 GB RAM which is well within the system spec
of both but then it was supposed to be with Pinnacle too and that's almost
unusable!  :-)

Or are there any other reasonably priced packages I should consider?

Malcolm

Malcolm Surgenor

http://www.surgenor.net