Re: OT : XDA Exec deal ? - Supplementary

Flight mode turns off the phone, wi-fi and bluetooth. They can also be
turned on/off individually.

AFAIK you can't turn PDA type devices off altogether anyway.

I used mine as an mp3 player on flights to and from New Zealand last
year with no problems. It's a great device.

Bill
HTEG> I don't have one currently, but am very tempted by the offer
Gareth
HTEG> posted :-))

HTEG> I travelled a bit to the US last year - mostly on Virgin - and
their
HTEG> inflight announcements about switching off electronic devices
included
HTEG> "even those devices equipped with a flight-safe mode" or
something like
HTEG> that.
HTEG> Clearly there's a disconnect between devices that have such a mode
and
HTEG> have been tested by the mfr, and what the airlines (well, Virgin
anyway)
HTEG> seem to think.

HTEG> I don't know what the answer is, but this might be something to
keep in
HTEG> mind.

HTEG> HTH,

HTEG> Tim.