RE: OT : XDA Exec deal ? - Supplementary

  • Subject: RE: OT : XDA Exec deal ? - Supplementary
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 12:30:52 -0000

I don't have one currently, but am very tempted by the offer Gareth
posted :-))

I travelled a bit to the US last year - mostly on Virgin - and their
inflight announcements about switching off electronic devices included
"even those devices equipped with a flight-safe mode" or
something like
that.
Clearly there's a disconnect between devices that have such a mode and
have been tested by the mfr, and what the airlines (well, Virgin anyway)
seem to think.

I don't know what the answer is, but this might be something to keep in
mind.

HTH,

Tim.