Re: Compaq R3000h UPS

  • Subject: Re: Compaq R3000h UPS
  • From: "Malcolm" <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:22:29 -0000

thanks Andy, haven't had time today to try this but will tomorrow eveing
and report back.

Malcolm

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Andy" <andywhitfield2002@...>
wrote:

> Hi
> Unplug it from the mains.
> See if it will start on batteries.  Press and hold the ON button for a
few seconds.  If you get a beep, keep holding the ON button for 2 or 3
seconds.
> If it doesn't start up, then undo the 4 screws holding the front
plastic panel on.  Pull forward but be careful of the cable between the
front panel and the main unit.
> Undo 2 screws holding in the battery tray and pull forward.  Sometimes
pulling the batt tray forward is easier said than done!!
> Measure the voltage on each battery string.  Make sure meter probe
does NOT touch the metal tray/casing and the positive batt connector at the
same time as this will short out the batts!!!!
> (The negative of the battery strings is connected to earth/metal
casing)
> Report back the voltage from each batt string.
>
> I have battery trays with working, if old, batts in stock.
> Plus over a hundred UPSs in stock.
>
> Regards
> Andy the UPS Man

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums