Latest message you have seen: Re: (OT) On line photo albums

Re: Did anyone hack the electrasave unit ?

The fitting cost was quite reasonable (plug for Ben) but there was
quite
a lot of other work involved too for C-Bus etc.  I think the issue under
Part P can come when and if the rest of the electrical installation is
required to be tested or updated to comply with the new regulations, and
this work perhaps triggers such a  requirement.

I also have a rented property that had some awful historic fuse box with
big old cylindrical fuses in it. Indeed the previous tenants told me
that they had not been able to find replacements for the fuses and so
had wired across them !! So it was time to get it replaced and I know in
doing that I had to get the rest of the wiring re-tested for compliance
.   A little strange really in that you replace something to make it
safer and incur all sorts of extra potential issues, (e.g' mandatory
earth wires present on all pendant lights/light switches, even plastic)
whereas leaving it as was is OK AFAIK, except for wired around fuses, as
the property already had a valid certificate for the previous installation.

Kevin