Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Damn BT....Need some advice

Re: Re[2]: Re: Cybiko for inexpensive wireless comms

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 11:13 +0100, Pete Shew wrote:
> Hmm. xAP seems a tad verbose for the tight world of CAN and PICs which
> is
> where my application sits. Why does xAP not use XML as the messages
> are
> self defining, which XML does quite well, and for which there is a
> load of
> software?

On the XML question, that was, in fact, my original proposal when the
"concept" of coming up with a protocol for home automation was
originally raised.

It was overwhelmingly rejected on the basis that xAP _was_ lightweight
enough for native implementation on systems like PIC, and XML wasn't.

xPL likewise lends itself to ultra-lightweight implementations.

There are certainly various people who have implemented xAP on PICs... I
believe that xPL likewise has several different PIC implementations.

Regards,

Mark