Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: kx drivers & sound card recommendations

Re[2]: Re: Cybiko for inexpensive wireless comms

Hmm. xAP seems a tad verbose for the tight world of CAN and PICs which is
where my application sits. Why does xAP not use XML as the messages are
self defining, which XML does quite well, and for which there is a load of
software?

VSPC seems to bring CAN device discovery and logical addressing to the
party. I don't think I need that for my little system.

When I come out of CAN to the PC I will send can-like packets over RS232 to
a PC TCP/IP server that will forward them on to any connected clients and
vice versa. Front ends written in VB6 probably. Some of the CAN  stations
are small graphical interfaces and if I do the Cybiko thing I think I'll
just get a CAN connected PIC to do the VT100 thing to replicate the fixed
graphical controller.

Pete