Re: Re: Wanted - two pair cable for 12VDC and RS485

The proper cable is now available from Invision Uk without any punitive
shipping costs etc.  www.invisionuk.com

Please note my earlier post re screened vs unscreened data cables: no loss
of signal!!

Alan Ainslie

I'll probably use two screened twisted pairs of 18awg, which I can get
for £0.61/metre from FSC.

For my application, screening from nearby mains cable is probably more
important than loss of signal.

However, I guess your explanation also accounts for why UTP Cat5e is
preferable to screened Cat5e for network cabling?