Re: DIN Enclosure for CBus modules

Hi Frank,

> As far as i am aware "C" curve type circuit breakers are
normally used in a
> Domestic install here in Oz.....Wasnt aware of  "B" curve
circuit
> breakers(although have used "D"curve for motors)  , which
seems to be what
> people should be using on the load side for each dimmer channel......
Would
> be good to get something smaller than 6amp..........2amp available in
> curve ???...........
Under fault conditions (like a lamp blowing), the current seems to go much
higher than 6A
anyway (since it trips a B type 10A & 16A MCB, although not a B type
32A MCB) - so is
there any practical difference between a 1A/2A MCB and a 6A one? Would a 2A
MCB of the
same type as a 6A MCB trip first? I guess that since the current reaches
the limit of the
2A MCB fractionally before  it reaches the limit of the 6A MCB, it is
possible. But I
would have (naively) thought that the difference in time is insignificant.

I can see there's a difference if you were worried about somebody
installing lights that
run beyond the 1A limit - but since this is a domestic install that I
control, that's not
going to happen.

Paul