RE: Video Sending Problem

  • Subject: RE: Video Sending Problem
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:29:37 -0000

Dave,

regarding your point2...

I have a wireless LAN (BELKIN ACCESS POINT --> SOLWISE SAR715
Router--> ADSL) that I use to allow a couple of laptops access to the
internet. We also have a VideoSender (PHILIPS... not sure of the module)
and it does not interfere with the Wireless LAN at all.

For me the problem is the other way around.... if the laptops are turned on
(i.e. accessing the wireless LAN) I get pulses of static on the TV screen
every 5-10 seconds, but the LAN keeps working perfectly.

Marcus

>   From: Dave Harris <dh140770@xxxxxxx>
>
>HI All,
>
>Wondering whether anyone can offer a good solution ...
>
>Problem ..
>Sky+ Box in Lounge, Computer with DVD Writer and MPEG2 Capture Card in
Upstairs Office .... how to link the 2 together so I can archive my
>Sky+ recordings.  They are around 15 metres apart.
>
>Here's what I have so far
>
>Solution 1
>Drag long cable up stairs everytime I want to use it.  Not too elegant
>
>Solutino 2
>Video Sender ... However I have a wireless network, so this will need
to be switched off everytime I want to use the sender, which may be >for
several hours at a time.  I am not aware of any video senders which do not
interfere with Wireless Networking.

>Solution 3
>??????
>My colleague just told me about KAT5, however I do not have a wired
network, but I do have an access point near my Sky+ box.