From: Paul Gale [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 08 November 2004 12:25
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] HA Server upgrade

I=92m looking to upgrade my HA and small office server that runs in Node0.
It=92s currently W2K Server with Exchange Server 2003, IIS, DNS, WINS,
DHCP and a whole host of other HA apps running including MP3 server
(Telcanto), ACE, HomeVision Desktop, Text to Speech etc.

It=92s currently a dual P3 1GHz, 1Gb ram. However, the main board is a
Tyan Tiger 230 with an unreliable VIA Apollo chipset.

I=92d like to upgrade the MB and CPU=92s to something better, a bit faster
(although performance isn=92t currently an issue) and a lot more reliable.
For cost reasons I want to keep all the other components (RAM, HDD,
case, PSU etc). I=92d like to spend as little as possible - =A3500-600 tops
(maybe?)

Any thoughts as to which MB/CPUs I should be looking at? Xeons or P4
with HT?

Thanks,

Paul.

=20