Re: OT: Any Red hat heads here?

Quoting Shaf Ali <shaf@xxxxxxx>:
> Welcome... to the real world.

Thanks :)

> Do a netstat -l for me.

Can't get to the box until tonight, will do all u suggest then.
check then.

> > If however, I ssh in to the box and do a "vncserver :2"
then I can connect
> > server:2 okay.
>
> Nope you created a new vncserver instance.

Yeah, I new that's what I was doing.  I just wondered WTF was going on with
this default instance which should be running & how to log on to it.
When I do what I'm doing now, I am logged on as the ssh user because I
started
the process under that account.  I would really prefer to choose who to log
on
as when I start vnc/whatever remote access tool I end up using - just like
MS
Remote Desktop in fact :)

cheers,