Re: TV Cards

Just one thought from a slightly different angle....

what resolution is the PC set to ?

When I was using an Analogue TV card it made a big difference when I was in
full screen mode. If I allowed the PC to change resolution the picture was
pretty good ( this is a few years ago so things should be better now ) but
if I
didnt allow a resolution change then the picture had to be scaled up to fit
the
resolution of the monitor and looked crap.

Dont forget TV is very low resolution typically with a max of 768 x 576.
--
Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

Quoting Bruno Prior <bruno@xxxxxxx>:

> I have been struggling to get the Hauppauge Nova-T (digital tuner)
working
> under linux. I sent a message to the linux-dvb list suggesting that
linux
> wasn't much good at this sort of thing, and someone who seemed to know
> thing or two wrote a reply including the following comment:
>
> "you are hopefully aware that with that other glory OS you still
> have major trouble if your Hauppauge TV-card (not DVB) shares an
> interrupt with other cards, same is true for ISDN cards."
>
> No idea if this is true - the only analogue TV tuner I have tried is
an ATI
> All-In-Wonder Pro, and I have had as much success with that on linux
as I
> have with the Nova-T. Have to say, the picture from the AIW was quite
> reasonable on Windows, before I ditched it. If only I hated Microsoft
> little less....
>
> Could be worth checking your interrupts, though.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruno
>

> Darryl Mattocks wrote:
> > I have just bought the Hauppauge PVR250 card and I can't get a
decent
> > quality picture out of it.
> >
> > Has anyone else got any insights into TV cards?  Can I expect to
watch a
> > picture full screen on a Plasma linked PC just as good as a
normal TV, or
> is
> > it always going to be worse?
> >
> > Its hard to pinpoint the problems with the Hauppauge, except that
the
> > picture seems a bit jumpy and switching between channels takes a
long time.
> > I tried to fool SWMBO by switching to the Hauppauge whilst she
was out of
> > the room and then just casually asking what she thought ...
answer was a
> > four letter word beginning with "C".  Surreptitiously
switching back to
> > normal Sky resulted in a "now that's better".
> >
> > It's a pity as I was quite keen to get a Tivo / Sky Plus like
thing going,
> > but there's not much point if the quality isn't there.
> >
> > Anyhow, if anyone has any pointers ....
> >
> > Regards
> > Darryl.
>

> ** UKHA2003 BE THERE! Details here: