Re: TV Cards

I have been struggling to get the Hauppauge Nova-T (digital tuner) working
under linux. I sent a message to the linux-dvb list suggesting that linux
wasn't much good at this sort of thing, and someone who seemed to know a
thing or two wrote a reply including the following comment:

"you are hopefully aware that with that other glory OS you still
have major trouble if your Hauppauge TV-card (not DVB) shares an
interrupt with other cards, same is true for ISDN cards."

No idea if this is true - the only analogue TV tuner I have tried is an ATI
All-In-Wonder Pro, and I have had as much success with that on linux as I
have with the Nova-T. Have to say, the picture from the AIW was quite
reasonable on Windows, before I ditched it. If only I hated Microsoft a
little less....

Could be worth checking your interrupts, though.

Cheers,

Bruno

Darryl Mattocks wrote:
> I have just bought the Hauppauge PVR250 card and I can't get a decent
> quality picture out of it.
>
> Has anyone else got any insights into TV cards?  Can I expect to watch
> picture full screen on a Plasma linked PC just as good as a normal TV,
or is
> it always going to be worse?
>
> Its hard to pinpoint the problems with the Hauppauge, except that the
> picture seems a bit jumpy and switching between channels takes a long
time.
> I tried to fool SWMBO by switching to the Hauppauge whilst she was out
of
> the room and then just casually asking what she thought ... answer was
> four letter word beginning with "C".  Surreptitiously
switching back to