TV Cards

I have just bought the Hauppauge PVR250 card and I can't get a decent
quality picture out of it.

Has anyone else got any insights into TV cards?  Can I expect to watch a
picture full screen on a Plasma linked PC just as good as a normal TV, or
is
it always going to be worse?

Its hard to pinpoint the problems with the Hauppauge, except that the
picture seems a bit jumpy and switching between channels takes a long time.
I tried to fool SWMBO by switching to the Hauppauge whilst she was out of
the room and then just casually asking what she thought ... answer was a
four letter word beginning with "C".  Surreptitiously switching
back to
normal Sky resulted in a "now that's better".

It's a pity as I was quite keen to get a Tivo / Sky Plus like thing going,
but there's not much point if the quality isn't there.

Anyhow, if anyone has any pointers ....

Regards
Darryl.

------------------------
Darryl Mattocks
Director

Simply Automate, Magdalen Centre, Oxford Science Park, OX4 4GA

Tel +44 (0) 1865 784 080
Fax +44 (0) 1865 784 081
Mobile +44 (0) 7775 713 274

E mailto:Darryl.Mattocks@xxxxxxx
W http://www.SimplyAutomate.com, http://www.racerunner.org

privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Any attachment(s) to this message has been checked for viruses, but please
rely on your own virus checker and procedures.

Simply Automate is a trading name of DK Mattocks(2) Limited. UK Reg
#4116740.
Registered Office: Bramblings, Shotover Hill, Oxford, OX3 8TA