Re: X10 - how ?

> This thread started with complaints about X10's abilities.  C-Bus is a
great
> alternative which is more robust and has more features.  It's always
going
> to be more expensive than a plug-in X10 module, but would you really
expect
> it to be anything else?  It's not the crazy prices of some other hard
wired
> system which are clearly aimed at the millionaire types.  It's an
> affordable, quality system.

I agree - when I was planning our renovation I compared the costs of C-BUS
compared to X-10. It was actually slightly cheaper for C-BUS - although
some of
that was down to the fact we have a 3 phase supply.

This group helped me a lot in the choice, and if I was not a member I would
now
have "normal" switching in the house.

The flexibility C-BUS will give me (cos it not yet fully installed) will be
worth the extra cost. I'm almost certain it wont add value to the house -
but I
do have the option of taking it with me, not that we are planning to move.

Umar