Re: X10 - how ?

That delay's a bit annoying... would that be the case with any X10
controlled lights or just with the Micromodules? - If it happens with
any of them it puts paid to my idea of RF lightswitch -> RF reciever
module -> X10 signals on mains... as that's sure to add in more of a
delay.

Ross

On 4 Dec 2003, at 09:50, Malcolm Lansell wrote:

> Yes I've tried the dimmer - you can connect 4 switches to it, so
> despite the
> price, it's not so bad per switch.  Unfortunately the delays are
> horrible -
> it takes almost a second for the lights to come on.
>
> I tried connecting one switch to two inputs, so that I could turn two
> sets
> of lights on and off with the switch, but still control each
> separately with
> the remote.  It works, but the delays are even more horrible - alomost
> second for the first light followed by the other a second later.  The
> order
> in which they come on is random.
>
> What we (I?) really need is a module that takes input directly from a
> regular lightswitch (so change of state becomes the equivalent of a
> button
> press), and operates imediately.  The powerline commands would only
> ever be
> used by the remote.  This kind of thing could be wired into the
> ceiling rose
> if it were small enough.  Operation then becomes the same as a normal
> switch, with no delays (Guest Friendly, remember!).  Dimming by
remote,
> either handset or by an rf pad next to the regular switch.
>
> Mal

response) into
switch. Or

>>> Unfortunately the LW10U doesn't support status response.
>>>
>>> I think only things that do are the RF receiver appliance
modules and
>>> the micromodules.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Doogie
>>>

>>> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>>> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
>>> Lexmark
>>> Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the
US &
>>> Canada.
>>> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511