Re: X10 - how ? {Scanned for Viruses}

Yes I've tried the dimmer - you can connect 4 switches to it, so despite
the
price, it's not so bad per switch.  Unfortunately the delays are horrible -
it takes almost a second for the lights to come on.

I tried connecting one switch to two inputs, so that I could turn two sets
of lights on and off with the switch, but still control each separately
with
the remote.  It works, but the delays are even more horrible - alomost a
second for the first light followed by the other a second later.  The order
in which they come on is random.

What we (I?) really need is a module that takes input directly from a
regular lightswitch (so change of state becomes the equivalent of a button
press), and operates imediately.  The powerline commands would only ever be
used by the remote.  This kind of thing could be wired into the ceiling
rose
if it were small enough.  Operation then becomes the same as a normal
switch, with no delays (Guest Friendly, remember!).  Dimming by remote,
either handset or by an rf pad next to the regular switch.

Mal