RE: RE: Help needed.....may loose job....

We don't have a personnel department, but I did ask for a witness to just
l=
isten in.

One thing that did come up during the "discussion" was some time
back I wen=
t to go through a fire door and found out the handle had busted and I
could=
not open it. I went another way then propped the door open and reported it=
. Shortly later the handle was fixed, apparently not for the first time,
bu=
t the same director wanted to know who had propped it open, I said I did
an=
d a row ensued.

To explain the situation, there are a set of stairs with a fire door at
the=
top and bottom with a fire escape, our back door, at the bottom of the sta=
irs. My thoughts were, if the fire exit gets blocked I do not have an
alter=
native exit as the fire door is not working, this I deemed to be unsafe,
he=
did not like it and said I would be put on a formal warning if it happened=
again. This was mentioned by him to which I asked if this was what was thi=
s was really about?, he said no. I then informed him that the fire exit in
=
sales was found locked one day last week and this is the very reason I
beli=
eve I was right with my earlier decision....I wonder if sour grapes come
to=
mind?

There were 2 other instances over the past year or so of complaints made
of=
me to our company, 1 saying I was rude to a lady user, it turned out I was=
not even on that site at the time! it was an internal IT person, I did not=
get an apology and did not get an answer how the complaint got directed to=
me in the first place!
The next one was an internal IT person from the same site complained that
I=
had just left the job and went for a drive! what I actually did do was unl=
oad the van at that site with new PC's, load old PC's, drive to another
sit=
e to drop the old PC's off and then return and collect the new PC's. I had
=
2 co-workers with me at the time whom said I had told him what I was going
=
to do and the lad in question said he did not complain about me, so how
did=
that get back to my company?

Are you seeing a pattern here?

I did ask the director and the technical director at a complaints meeting
I=
had to attend if there is some sort of vendetta against me, were they tryi=
ng to get me to resign? they said of course not....

I'm not convinced....

I think the "major breach" comes from the fact this contract is
worth =A34.=
2m to us so they are going OTT on everything...

B.