Re: It's Official - Thomson Tivo Discontinued

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:33:15AM +0000, Ant Skelton wrote:

> As regards the purchasing decision, I wouldn't let worries about the
> service
> distract you from buying what is arguably one of the greatest gadgets
> ever. It
> *is* possible to get your own guide data in there. It's tricky at the
> mo, but should TiVo Inc disappear I suspect it'd get much easier.

That reasures me somewhat :-)

I did attempt to get xmltv up and running, but gave up when I found I
had no actual use for it :-) It's a great little program that parses TV
guides into XML (you dont say!)

> Remember: TiVo means never having to hear the Enterprise theme music
> again! ;)

But it does mean that the Mrs can forget to watch Lame Academy and still
watch it!!