Re: OT (sort of) - WINTV card & Windows 2000

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT (sort of) - WINTV card & Windows 2000
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:17:26 +0000

>Yes, although I'm using XP now, I used to run my WinTV FM card in W2K.

OK, another encouraging answer. - so I at least know that this *should*
work!

>Have you used the Primary application? This will allow you to set the
>output
>to 'Primary', 'Overlay' and 'DIB'. You should choose 'Overlay'.

Indeed. During my tinkering, I think I tried just about every setting
available in the Primary application. I didn't get a great deal of joy with
any of them, but I wasn't 100% certain which setting I *should* have been
using, so that info will help...

>You can also use the Windows XP WDM drivers (which I've used on 2K)

Yes. - they're actually the same drivers. These are what I downloaded and
tried...

>Could be. Have you looked at the Matrox website for any mention of
this?

Not yet, - but it is "supposed" to be compatible, - it is
specifically
listed on the WINTV cards compatability list.

>HTH,
>
>Q.

It does. Cheers!

Paul G.