RE: OT (sort of) - WINTV card & Windows 2000

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: OT (sort of) - WINTV card & Windows 2000
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:10:14 +0000

>No idea how to solve your problem, only that I don't have any problems
with
>the Hauppauge WinTV PCI card on either XP or 2000 boxes.  Both of the
Win
>TV

could be indicative of a graphics card problem then perhaps... - although a
little aged, the Matrox Millennium range *is* one of those specifically
listed as compatable though... I'll try to get newer drivers for for the
Matrox card from the Matrox website ASAP....

>applications also work fine. I presume you have been through the
process of
>using there HWClear program to remove everything,  and tried using
another

Indeed, and I also did a completely clean virgin Win2K install onto a
freshly formatted disk, - so definately no hangovers from earlier
installations....

>application to view the input - that way you could assume there are no
>problems with the application, but is at a driver level.
>
>I actually use Homewatcher through mine and use the composite input for
>motion sensitive cam.

The bummer is, - I actually don't care whether I get a picture or not! -
there will be no display device attached to this machine, - I merely want
get the TV sound out of it, as I like to watch BBC1's Breakfast program in
the morning as I get ready for work, and I like to have the sound only in
the bathroom so I can continue to listen when I wander in and out...

However, I *do* need the application to start properly without any dialog
boxes, as it will be controlled by Girder...

>Sorry can't be more help
>
>Mark

Any info at all is helpfull!

Paul G.