Re: CCTV Cameras

Mick,

It was ELRO - but i think it's just a rebadge job. One nice thing is that
t=
he box that comes with it (ie the thing it plugs into not the cardboard!)
h=
as a trigger which, if you connect to a powerflash (that's what I did) you
=
get an X10 signal when someone/thing moves in from of th built in PIR..

A.

On 14/04/01 at 11:47 Mick Furlong wrote:

>Andy
>
>thanks for the info, which brand was it you purchased?
>
>Mick=20
>
>On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:10:23 +0200, you wrote:
>
>>Mick,
>>
>>I purchased some which (although not the same name) use the same
s-video
>type connector. This provides not only video (and audio on some of
their
>cameras) but power too. Like (I'm assuming there!!) you I only have the
>one video capture card but I use an ASEL switcher. This costs about
$149
>from http://www.controlanything.com
(plus a little on import duty) but it
>does have the advantage that it is RS232 controlled. I can switch
between
>a number of cameras with a small application that i wrote (to interface
>with HomeSeer).=20
>>
>>As for the cameras... to be quite honest they're cr*p. but cheapish
if
>you get them on a closing down sale (like many a Homebase is doing) i
went
>for the single s-video type models for convenience really-- you don't
have
>to run loads of wires to the point you want to use them at.... but I'd
>really only buy (either of these) if you can either get them dirt
cheap,
>you're strapped for cash or you like cr*ppy images...
>>
>>as always  =A30.02
>>
>>A.

switcher and
>>>then linking this into a Video Capture Card in my HA PC.=20
>>>
>>>Does anyone know which of these cameras would be easiest to
interface
>>>to the AV switcher and if there are any other problems to watch
out
>>>for?
>>>
>>>The reason for using a proper AV Switich rather than the
Response or