Re: Home Automation Integration and touchscreen front end

Paul

For me Hometronic was getting too expensive and did not have the=20=20
simple integration with Comfort and other parts of the system. The=20=20
house currently has around 19 radiators. It was going to cost over =A32k =
=20
for hometronic.

We are planning to have a Aga in the kitchen, this is always on so=20=20
will heat the kitchen and we can remove a couple of radiators. We are=20=20
then going to have a wood burning stove in the lounge. So both of=20=20
these areas cannot be controlled by hometronic.

I will be putting thermostatic radiator valves on each radiator to=20=20
give some local control.

I do have a concern that most boilers cannot provide a low enough=20=20
output to just power an individual radiator. If I look at the Valiant=20=20
boilers they have outputs that will modulate down to 5Kw. Now a
single=20=20
radiator may only be 1Kw. So what happens to the other 4Kw?

I may look to put remote controlled valves on a couple of the=20=20
radiators or split the house in to 2 zones. Not sure yet.

Ben

On 4 Jan 2009, at  16:24, Paul Gale wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Are you sure smartfit will give you enough for your needs (being=20=20
> only a single zone controller). I used to have that but then
moved=20=20
> over to Honeywell Hometronic which is much more capable (but of=20=20
> course, more expensive).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

Server