Re: CCTV Cameras

Andy

thanks for the info, which brand was it you purchased?

Mick=20

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:10:23 +0200, you wrote:

>Mick,
>
>I purchased some which (although not the same name) use the same
s-video t=
ype connector. This provides not only video (and audio on some of their
cam=
eras) but power too. Like (I'm assuming there!!) you I only have the one
vi=
deo capture card but I use an ASEL switcher. This costs about $149 from
htt=
p://www.controlanything.com (plus a little on import duty) but it does
have=
the advantage that it is RS232 controlled. I can switch between a number o=
f cameras with a small application that i wrote (to interface with
HomeSeer=
).=20

>As for the cameras... to be quite honest they're cr*p. but cheapish if
you=
get them on a closing down sale (like many a Homebase is doing) i went for=
the single s-video type models for convenience really-- you don't have to =
run loads of wires to the point you want to use them at.... but I'd really
=
only buy (either of these) if you can either get them dirt cheap, you're
st=
rapped for cash or you like cr*ppy images...

>as always  =A30.02
>
>A.

>On 14/04/01 at 10:34 Mick Furlong wrote:
>
>>Hi all
>>
>>I have been looking at the Response and Micromark  cameras and
can't
>>decide which to go for.
>>
>>The Micromark cameras seem to have an Svideo type plug and the
>>Response use a RJ11 but both then convert to a scart I think..
>>
>>What I plan doing is linking a number of cameras to a AV switcher
and
>>then linking this into a Video Capture Card in my HA PC.=20
>>
>>Does anyone know which of these cameras would be easiest to
interface
>>to the AV switcher and if there are any other problems to watch out
>>for?
>>
>>The reason for using a proper AV Switich rather than the Response
or
>>Micromark ones is that I can get one with IR Remote and so control
it
>>from the PC in software. The Units they sell specifically for the
CCTV