Re: CCTV Cameras

Mick,

I purchased some which (although not the same name) use the same s-video
ty=
pe connector. This provides not only video (and audio on some of their
came=
ras) but power too. Like (I'm assuming there!!) you I only have the one
vid=
eo capture card but I use an ASEL switcher. This costs about $149 from
http=
://www.controlanything.com (plus a little on import duty) but it does have
=
the advantage that it is RS232 controlled. I can switch between a number
of=
cameras with a small application that i wrote (to interface with HomeSeer)=
.=20

As for the cameras... to be quite honest they're cr*p. but cheapish if you
=
get them on a closing down sale (like many a Homebase is doing) i went for
=
the single s-video type models for convenience really-- you don't have to
r=
un loads of wires to the point you want to use them at.... but I'd really
o=
nly buy (either of these) if you can either get them dirt cheap, you're
str=
apped for cash or you like cr*ppy images...

as always  =A30.02

A.