Re: Comfort doorstation and outside electric doorstrikes- was Re: colour camera with mic at b&q

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9067/9/_/2065/_/968228116/

At 22:35 05/09/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Currently it is just a latch and a door contact on it. It works fine as
>can have it announcing "garden gate" if opened,

My back gate just does a 'ding dong', different from the doorstation ding
dong!

>One other advantage of the doorstation is... when my wife is outside
working
>(chatting) I can still get a hold of her by pressing 5 from the menu
and
>accessing the doorstation,

Hmmm, I must have set something up differently... when I press 5 for voice
station, I get the keypad, so I can just talk to people in the house.  Have
you a keypad set as a keypad and a doorstation set as a doorstation, or
have you changed the settings?

My only difficulty now is "What do you say to a delivery driver at
your
front door, to explain that you can't come to the door, preferably without
revealing that the house is empty?".  He tried again yesterday, and
sounded
quite confused that I couldn't come to the door...

I'd rather not sit in my work explaining to someone who has apparently just
called my mobile that I'm in the bath- might get funny looks from my
colleagues!  What do other folk do?

Nigel