Re: Big disk - problems - (long-ish)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Big disk - problems - (long-ish)
  • From: Vince <vince@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:44:58 +0000

Hi Paul,

I have a similar configuration to you, W2K with HPT370 and Network card on
IRQ11. So far I've only had the blue-screen
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error
once when copying 25 Gigs of MP3's onto it. I checked my settings and I
also can not change the settings of these cards but I can change the
settings of an ISA 2 port serial card. So it looks like that the W2K PnP
does not allow you to change the settings of a PCI card.

Can you set the IRQ that a PCI slot uses in the bios? If so then turn off
PnP OS in the bios and set the IRQ's for each slot.

Vince

At 14:36 21/12/00, you wrote:
>Well, I tried putting my new 46GB drive in my MP3 machine over the last
>couple of days...
><SNIPPED>
>Cheers.
>
>Paul g.