RE: RG6 vs CT100

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RG6 vs CT100
  • From: James Hoye <jhoye@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:59:21 -0000

> NTL have now come back to me to say that CT100 is
> unidirectional and with
> NTL's digital cable service they need to send data back up
> the cable as
> opposed to, say Sky (satellite) digital which uses the
> telephone for any
> feedback. As RG6 is bi-directional it is the recommended
> cable. If only I
> knew when I installed CT100!!!

WTF?  What planet are these guys on?

I was only joking about cable directionality - it has come up before
regarding speaker cables and laughed down - how can an alternating signal
possibly propogate along a directional cable?

Surely bi-directional is synonymous with uni-directional anyway.  And you
trust these people to install cable into your home?

As Mark just said, April 1st is 4 months away....

James H

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/1/_/2065/_/975682357/