Re: Where do I start??

My vote goes for London as I live in Watford. Personally I'd like the
chance to get advice from some of you.

Phil

<19990721202204.4002.qmai-@xxxxxxx> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/?start=610
> Mark / Alex / Any other Londoners'
>
> I'm certainly up for any London based face-to-face get-togethers'
>
> (That mixes two of my favourite pastimes: Beer & Technology).
>
> I'm also well up for a UKHA mini-convention as suggested by Keith
Doxey, and
> have replied to his private email to that effect, but nonetheless
would
> still be interested in "networking" (hate that awful
americanism!)
with any
> London-based people, in addition to that.
>
> By the way, I think CEDIA installations are prohibitively expensive
(for me
> anyway - I've got an expensive wife!), - they usually have a presence
at
> shows like the Ideal Home exhibition, and "Live 9x" (which
comes
round in

<Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
> >To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Where do I start??
> >Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:56:47 +0100
> >
> >Alex,
> >
> >Hi - good luck with the building.
> >
> >The first thing you have to decide is whether you want to go the
DIY
> >route, or go with a professional "Custom Installer."
> >
> >If you go the professional route, then you should look for one
who's
> >member of  CEDIA. I have a directory of members, or can recommend
one I
> >have personal experience of (they are based in Worthing but have
done
> >work as far afield as Amsterdam, so Cambridge would be fine...)
> >
> >The next piece of general advice is to put in _lots_ of CAT5 (see
the
> >thread kicked off a few days ago.) Most things can be run over it
(LAN,
> >Telephone, ISDN, balanced Audio, Video - courtesy Mr. Doxey of
this
> >Parish.)
> >
> >Very general I'm afraid - if you want to meet for a drink in
London
one
> >evening, then I'm happy to come and bounce ideas apart. I'm _not_
> >professional, though, just a keen amateur...
> >
> >In fact, thinking about it, that offer extends to any one else who
works
> >in London --- why don't we try meeting face-to-face at some point?
> >

> >Mark Harrison
> >European IT Manager, BP/Bovis Alliance
> >Tel: +44 20 8869 1439
> >Fax: +44 20 8423 7711

----
> >Want the power to purchase wisely? Productopia has the answers.
> >http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/553
> >

> >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
> >http://www.egroups.com -
Simplifying group communications