AI for your controller? Suits you, sir...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: AI for your controller? Suits you, sir...
  • From: "Harrison, Mark (Alliance)" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:20:00 +0100

I came across this in the ihomes Self-Build mailing list. It may be of
interest...

Apologies to those of you who are over in that list anyway. (This means
you,
Dr. John.)

Regards,

Mark

___________________________________

I have an interest in artificial intelligent (AI) programs and have
recently
come across a program that seems to have a use for anyone maintaining FAQ
pages. The name of the program is called Hal Ultra and uses AI to answer
questions, being AI it also learns. While visiting Sussex University a few
years ago I came across Hal's earliest ancestor, called Eliza. I have to
say
if nothing else we had great fun trying to confuse the software. For those
who feel they would prefer their emails were answered intelligently without
the help of a human, I'm particularly thinking of those regular
contributors
who have the unenviable task of repeating themselves each time the group
changes, this may be of some help. I'm currently testing the unregistered
version of Hal, while I doubt it would pass the Turing test at this stage I
would imagine given time it would certainly manage to answer most FAQ's
given the right input. If anyone is interested you can check out the site
at
http:\\www.zabaware.com. If anyone does decide this is of interest I'd be
interested in your views.

Mike L.

Don't know which one to buy? Productopia does.
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/554

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.egroups.com - Simplifying
group communications