Re: X10 Question

Ah, thank you Don for jarring a fading memory.  I have had (rarely)
appliance modules go bad -- the "chattering" effect you describe.  But
not for years, and I have thirty appliance modules now in use.  Maybe
once you've found a X10 module with decent caps you're good to go.

Never had a palm pad (use a half dozen) or tabletop mini controller or
infrared sensor go south.

Have a WGLDesigns V572 paired with an XTB-523 to make the RF happen.  A
PSC05 worked fine too; I got the XTB-523 just because I find Jeff Volp's
products to be amazing in general.

Haven't used lamp wall modules or the dimming button switches so I can't
comment on them.  I do have a universal module PUM01 controlling a
thermostat; it's lasted forever.  And of course I've a device to carry
the signal across my two wiring legs.

Everything works with amazing reliability once the noise issue is
understood and defeated.  Perhaps living in California with low humidity
and mild climate has extended the life of my X10 devices.