X10 Question

I thought I'd again try to start some conversation here.
I have a lot of x10 stuff in my house.  I have a non-x10
IR detector across my driveway. It has a normally closed
contact, which is connected to a 5 minute retriggerable
timer, that has a relay output, both open and closed
contacts.  The timer is there so we don't constantly trigger
a signal to the house when we are just in that area doing
yard work, walking back and forth.  The normally open
contact is connected to a PowerFlash module, set up for
a dry contact and sends a C16 On when the contact closes and
a C16 Off when the contact opens.  I have 2 of these modules
and neither is reliable.  It will work for a few days and
then will just quit. I put in the 2nd unit, it works for a
few days or weeks, and then it quits.  I have no clue what's
going on.  So, what I'm looking for is a unit/hack/modification
that would send out an X10 signal when a contact closes.  I
don't even care about sending the Off when the contact finally
opens. I use, in my case, the C16 On to trigger events in an
1132CU controller. Depending on times, it will ring a chime
and/or turn on floods.  Anyone have a neat way of doing this?
Thanks.