Re: X10 Question

Sounds like noise to me.  All my frustrating X10 problems over the
decades have been due to noise, either on the powerline or RF.

Some devices will pollute the power line X10 signal.  Compact
fluorescent bulbs, or tube fluorescent.  Computers and peripherals.

Other devices will overwhelm the X10 RF signal with noise.  I have a
Homedics chair massager that disables my RF X10 motion sensors.

The first thing to do is turn off your entire house and test the
questionable X10 modules (while hoping your neighbor isn't sending X10
noise to you).  If the module(s) work reliably, you have a noise
problem.  Start buying X10 filters to filter out the noise.

I was lucky enough to buy an ELK ESM1 X10 signal meter cheaply years
back when they were still made.  It's been invaluable to me to track
down noise.  You may have to put out some significant $$$ to get a noise
meter now, eg:  http://jvde.us/xtb/XTBM_description.htm

Other useful links:
http://thisautomatedhouse.com/XTBMReview.html
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm