Re: Do these exist: "Instant on" or very rapid start CFL???

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:41:46 -0400, "Josepi" <J.R.M.@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

[snip]

>I had a long and happy run with X-10, and was indeed an early adopter,
>probably late 1970's if I had to guess up until the late 1990s for the
>truly useful and reliable operation. I would call that a success, and
>thus I had no problem taking it down. Some stuff still remains, and I
>occasionally look at the Insteon stuff and think about starting over again.
>
>Then I take a deep breath and put down the Smarthome catalog and come to
>my senses...........

When I tried Insteon, it was MUCH WORSE than X10. Often, a device
would work the first couple of times, until I added another device.
Then it would get weird. I'd never know if pressing a button would do
nothing, turn the desired device on, turn another device off, or
something else. It keeps behaving as it was about start working,
something a lot worse than not working at all.  I tried it about a
dozen times, in different rooms (including one where a limited X10
system works almost perfectly). Smarthome still owes me about $90
(failed to credit returns).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Ministers say that they teach charity. That is natural. They live on
hand-outs. All beggars teach that others should give." -- Robert
Ingersoll