Re: X10 PC Interface upgrade

"Art Todesco" <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:htjuto$5he$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Well, I did.  I really like the unit. That's why I'm still using it.
> The USB interface and the program work well with XP.  Mine is plugged
> in just across this small pass-through room on the opposite side from
> the computer desk.  When I need to program it, I connect the USB cable
> and launch the program.  As for the Daylight Savings thing, I, and
> many other users, have to make a change on the day when the time
> changes.  It should do it by itself, and it used to, but Smarthome
> wouldn't fix their product.

    It's the same case with the 3rd party DOS software I use with my
current CP290 PC interface but I learned to live with it. It only screws
up the schedule by one hour for a few weeks a year.

> It's just like my Panasonic DVD/hard drive recorder.  Panasonic
> couldn't be bothered to issues a new flash file to fix the time change
> .... so you do it manually twice a year.

    Well, I could not blame them for it too much when even for Microsoft
it took several Windows patches to fix the daylight saving time issue.
There was another patch just a few days ago and I am still not sure if
it was the last one.

> BTW, I have seen many of the 1132CUs on EBAY, etc. for pretty good
> prices.  I just wish I could get the Manager Plus software cheap.

   OK, I'll check it out there myself but I am curious what software you
use with it right now. The essential one that comes with the $70 price?
What is in the Plus version that you need over the current one?