X10 PC Interface upgrade

My old DOS based CP290 controller is long overdue for upgrade so I don't
have to keep a DOS partition just for that purpose. What is considered
the most popular Windows and USB based replacement controller for it
that would work with existing X10 devices? I found one on smarthome.com
that looks like it might do the job but it concerns me that its software
is not being upgraded to more recent Windows version than XP. Here is a
link for the Smarthome PowerLinc Controller:

<http://www.smarthome.com/1132CU/PowerLinc-Controller-USB-Based-Home-Automation-Device/p.aspx>

Does anybody have experiece with it?