Re: X10 PC Interface upgrade

On 5/26/2010 2:49 PM, Dabbler wrote:
> "Art Todesco" <actodesco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I have this unit an am happy with it .... sort of. Smarthome calls
>> this unit legacy, but continues to sell it. They have NOT fixed any of
>> the problems with it, such as the new Daylight Savings dates and as
>> you point out, the newer OS. Therefore, one must use somewhat clumsy
>> workarounds to make it work. There seems to also be problems with
>> noise if you leave the USB cord connected. This causes the internal
>> clock to go nuts. This appears to happen even if the USB cord is just
>> dangling in the air. I would like the upgraded software to do some
>> fancier "if-thens", but I refuse to pay SM for their crippled product.
>> But, that all said, I still use the unit and it serves me well except
>> that you have to "obey" its idiotsyncracies.
>
> Thanks.
> I wish though you could have given it a more enthusiastic endorsment. ;-)
Well, I did.  I really like the unit.
That's why I'm still using it.  The USB
interface and the program work well with
XP.  Mine is plugged in just across this
small pass-through room on the opposite
side from the computer desk.  When I
need to program it, I connect the USB
cable and launch the program.  As for