Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

"Robert Green" <robert_green1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hql8qv$ibc$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> If it was new, I might, but it's 8 years old and I believe that there's a
> cheaper, easier, simpler way around the problem, even if it does come down
> to putting it in a hard shell case of some sort.  There seems to be enough
> space to put a micro-pushbutton on the fob.  I am just not sure that one
> button will serve all 7 fob buttons.
>
> I may also be able to rewire the panic button, which we never use, to
serve
> as the second pushbutton.  My preliminary scan of the circuit board wasn't
> very encouraging, though.  There are a lot of tiny traces around the panic
> button pad.

Leave the electronics as is, and modify the fob to add some height around
the holes the buttons with some epoxy.  That way accidental pressing of the
buttons will be difficult.

This also has the advantage of being cheap, and if the electronics ever go
on the fritz, you can just pop the new guts into the old case and your good
to go.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.