clarification

I should have said epoxy putty.  It comes in a ribbon with two colors and
you slice off a chunk and knead the stuff together untill the color is even.

The method I would suggest is to remove the board and the buttons from the
case and then rough up the front of the case with 100 grit sand paper.

Shape the epoxy putty into little rings and shape those around the holes in
the case that the buttons fit through.

Once the epoxy putty is set, any ooze over can be filed away and the surface
can be sanded smooth.

Paint to match or leave ugly.

Hope that helps.

--