Re: I need an out of the house remote

Another possibility is to change all the flood lights to CFL and just leave
them on when she goes out.

The motion detector could be a wireless unit on the porche or wherever the
motion neds to be detected. Several of them operating the same wall unit.

X10 has transceievers that have an antenna and can wirelessly talk to
remotes and wired in units. It translates X10 wired codes to X10 wireless
codes and back. X10 wired talks over your house wiring to other units.

This could also give her inside the hosue control over the lights and/or
timed event turn on and off for security peace of mind.

The wireless distance would be a problem for X10 wireless FOBs unless
somebody has another mfg that boosts better.

"mm" <NOPSAMmm2005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Thanks for replying.  I don't want to dim them. Just on and off.  I
can go to a bigger box if necesary. I'm doing all this as a favor to
them, but that wouldn't be much extra work.   But not in order to get
a dimmer, which I have no use for.