I need an out of the house remote

Hi,

A friend has a 4 or probably 8 floodlights on a wall switch inside his
house about 3 feet from the front wall.

I would like to replace the wall switch with some sort of X10 wall
switch, that will handle 8 floodlights, 800 watts maybe.  There is no
need for dimming.

And I would like to control the switch from something in his wife's
car.  All the remotes I see seem to be meant for inside the house.  It
can be the size of a car alarm fob, or it can be bigger.  She would
like to turn on the lights when she is still on the street, before she
drives up the driveway, where she has the best view of possibly
burglars.  So she needs a range of 50 or 100 feet, depending on what
it is when I measure it.

What would you recommend?   For each half of the "system".

Any chance an X10 switch with dip switches could be adjusted for a car
fob of unknown brand that has no dipswtiches.  They have four of
those, from my earlier attempts to make this happen. :)

If not, a remote cheap enough to buy one for each car would be good.
They might be short of money now.

Model numbers would be greatly appreciated, if you know them.