Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

>  Ideas, anyone?

How about putting an O-ring under each button?  Increase the pressure
necessary to activate the circuit.

It's an old-school trick learned back in the days of the Reset key being on
the Apple ][ keyboard.  Putting a stiffer spring or an O-ring under the key
made it more difficult to press it accidentally (easy given it's proximity
to the backspace key).

Conversely my wife's cell phone has buttons on the outside lid (an LG
VX8350) for multimedia "features".  The keypad underneath had little stubs
to press the switches.  I snipped off a majority of the stubs and made the
buttons much harder to operate. Stupid feature that got on her nerves
anyway.

As far as cops and calls for handicapped parking, take it up with your local
representatives.  That and the local TV stations and paper.  They're always
looking for community issue material.

-Bill Kearney