Napco Quickloader with GEM-RS232 Not Working

I can't get the Quickloder software to see the panel. I have never
used Quickloader under Vista. Does anyone know if it works under
Vista? Any advice?

When I try to download from the panel it says "timeout". GEM-RS232 is
connected via CAT5 and the supplied DB9 connectors to COM1 on my
computer. I have a PCI modem as COM3.

Thanks!
John