Re: Napco Quickloader with GEM-RS232 Not Working

John R wrote:
> I can't get the Quickloder software to see the panel. I have never
> used Quickloader under Vista. Does anyone know if it works under
> Vista? Any advice?
>
> When I try to download from the panel it says "timeout". GEM-RS232 is
> connected via CAT5 and the supplied DB9 connectors to COM1 on my
> computer. I have a PCI modem as COM3.
>
> Thanks!
> John

You have only one option.  Run in Windows XP Compatibility Mode.  That
should work.  I have one computer we use as a "downloading centre".
It's running Windows 98SE (don't laugh).  It's a little workhorse and
has never failed us.  I have a couple of computers running Windows XP as
a backup (should the horse "kick the bucket"), but so far we haven't had
a single hiccup.  Some of the more esoteric panels (we don't have many)
have software that's only compatible with the old MSDOS systems.