Re: Wallplates

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:14:27 +0100, "Ghost" <ghost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <gp44g9$80u$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Hi,
>
>    I'm looking for wallplates (need low voltage switches only) for my own
>automation system. I found http://www.touchplate.com/
>
>    Do you know any other?
>
>TIA
>
>Greetings,
>Ghost

Hi Ghost,

Do you mean "Wall plates" or switches?

If switches, do you mean momentary contact?

And if no -- eg Single-Pole, Single-Throw (SPST) toggle --  how will you
'automate' them?

Is momentary contact, how will you locally track the state? ( LED? Or)

One can make a simple momentary contact switch on a wall late using a
standard blank wall plate from a electrical or building store and momentary
contacts switches from any of many different retail, industrial, wholesale
and surplus suppliers.

Here's some examples of SPST momentary pushbuttons that are readily mounted
on a standard blank switch plate:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062546
http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/mtr/mtr3310004.htm?source=froogle

HTH ... Marc